Warm breezes, sunshine, blue skies and flowers—what’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think about springtime? For many people, the answer is flowers and their fresh scent lingering in the air. Not only is spring an all-new season, it’s prime time to start anew with whatever needs to change in your life. If you are fond of spring and welcome the loveliness of colorful, sweet-scented blooms, then celebrate by bringing flower bouquets into your home—or giving floral decor to others!
Looking for some easy creative decor ideas? Here’s some inspiration for decorating with spring flower arrangements in Houston, TX:
- Mix pinks: A variety of spring flowers have pretty pink petals, including flowers from the ranunculus, chrysanthemum, narcissi and rose families. When you arrange different types of flowers together, ensure a good balance of shapes, sizes, heights and hues. Pinks can add a fresh feel to any home, especially if you split a large uniform bunch into several complementary vases.
- Create a basket of blooms: Flower bouquets are not limited to living in vases—they also do quite well in floral baskets. Order a basket of flowers from your local florist, or pick up your favorite spring blooms and arrange them neatly into a waterproof basket. Want to decorate the basket? Nothing says spring quite like a basket of flowers adorned with decorative butterfly cutouts, twine and other spring-like items.
- Display of tulips: Tulips are spring’s natural beauties. They have an exquisite shape, come dressed in a variety of colors and are readily available during the spring months. Tulips are affordable, meaning you won’t regret your spur-of-the-moment decision to pick up a few bunches from the florist on your way home. Choose from colors such as red, white, yellow and violet or mix colors together, then place in decorative containers to spruce up the inside of your house or office.
- Floating flowerheads: Even spring blooms with broken stems can be lovely. Should any stems break while prepping a bouquet for a vase, simply snip off the flowerhead and trim off remaining leaves or protruding stems and set the bloom in a dish of shallow water. Don’t pack them together, as you want the flowerheads to float freely. They won’t last long, but they will make a stunning centerpiece for a day or two.
- Hand-tied bouquets: A very simple way to display your spring flower bouquet is to tie the stems together before placing them in a container. This method uses flowers and greenery to add structure to the arrangement, but don’t tie too tightly or you risk a squished-looking display. If you’re using a clear glass container filled with water, hand-tie the bouquet with brown twine. You won’t worry that the tie is visible, and it adds a little bit of rustic charm.
For a selection of beautiful spring flower arrangements in Houston, TX for any occasion, don’t hesitate to contact the team at Its Just For You. Choose from our crafted in-store bouquets or order a custom flower arrangement today!