The arrival of the Easter season means that many people in the greater Houston area are looking for fun, creative ways to celebrate the springtime and show their loved ones how much they care. There are few things more fun or festive than a creative, well-designed Easter basket. Putting together some Easter baskets in Houston, TX can be a great way for you to demonstrate your holiday spirit and showcase how much you care for the recipient.
Regardless of the type of goodies that you opt to stash away in your Easter baskets, you should always be sure to include fresh flowers. In fact, your local florist may even offer Easter baskets that include a striking arrangement of fresh cuttings.
There are a number of different types of flowers used to symbolize the arrival of spring and celebrate the Easter season. Here are just some of the most common types of Easter flowers, and the meaning they bring to the season:
- Azaleas: Symbolizing temperance, love and moderation, azaleas offer striking spring blooms that are as colorful and vibrant as they are intricate and delicate. Azaleas are very popular blossoms during the height of the Easter season.
- Crocuses: Featuring soft pastel colors and delicate petals, the crocus is another favorite flower of the Easter season. Crocuses symbolize youth, mirth and happiness. Crocuses are also known for their sweet, delicate fragrance.
- Daffodils: Nothing proclaims “spring!” more loudly than a bright, strikingly yellow daffodil blossom. These favorite flowers are one of the most iconic Easter plants. Daffodils symbolize new life, and are a harbinger of the summer to come.
- Easter lilies: No Easter bouquet would be complete without the presence of an Easter lily. These blooms are creamy white with a yellow interior. The soft, velvety petals of the Easter lily are attractive and beautiful. The Easter lily symbolizes purity.
- Hyacinths: Symbolizing sincerity, the hyacinth derives its name from Greek mythology. These flowers, situated on elegant, tall stalks, typically bloom in purple, pink or white. Hyacinths are every bit as fragrant as they are attractive.
- Irises: Irises offer deep, purple-blue blooms that are elegant and striking. Blooming in the mid-spring, the iris is another excellent flower to include in your Easter baskets in Houston, TX. Irises symbolize royalty, nobility and wisdom.
- Lenten rose: Symbolizing the period of preparation that takes place during the Catholic holy season, the Lenten rose is a stunningly beautiful red flower with crisp, elegant form and a melancholy appearance.
Since 2007, It’s Just for You has been a premier provider of Easter baskets in Houston, TX. We’re proud to provide our clients with a range of striking floral displays suitable for use during any season. You can rely on our friendly, highly qualified floral professionals to create stunning arrangements that will wow your loved ones. Reach out to one of our representatives today to learn more about our current arrangement offerings, or to inquire about ordering a custom arrangement for yourself or for a loved one. We look forward to helping you!