Different flowers have different meanings. They grow in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes, and they make thoughtful gifts. Whether you’re sending a flower arrangement to Mom on her birthday or picking up a custom flower bouquet to decorate your dining room table, you can either choose to order flowers online or visit a neighborhood brick and mortar florist to select flowers in person.
While buying flowers online can seem convenient, there are many benefits to purchasing floral arrangements locally. Another thing to consider is whether you want to give the flowers to someone yourself or have them delivered to the recipient on a specific day. Here are five fantastic reasons to use a local florist for flower delivery in 77084:
- Flowers will be in season: A floral shop that has been in business for a long time might have their own greenhouse, in addition to stocking flowers from other sources. If they grow some of their products, then chances are the flowers you buy have been grown in your climate zone during the current season. But what about all those beautiful popular blooms you love that might not grow so well in your zone, though, like carnations, roses or lilies? Never fear—most florists will have these in-demand flowers no matter what.
- Flowers will be fresher and prettier: When you walk into a flower shop, you can tell immediately whether or not the flowers are fresh. Fresh flowers give off sweet, clean scents and look bright and sturdy, especially in-season blooms. You can order online or grab a bunch at the grocery store, but they aren’t guaranteed fresh like the flowers you get from a local in-season florist. In fact, many of the flowers that are not ordered locally are brought in through mass shipments or chilled for several days before arriving at their new home. They look sad and only last a couple days.
- Your florist will take care of you: It’s not unusual for the owner of a local flower shop to be working in their store every day. Customers get to meet the creative mind behind all the beautiful flower arrangements, and will quickly connect with owners on a personal level. Making eye contact with your florist builds trust, and trust is important when you’re aiming to choose the right flowers as a gift.
- Local florists enjoy helping customers: Local flower delivery orders can be placed over the phone, but why not walk in, see the options and pick them out right then and there? And if you’re not sure what flowers to buy, speaking to a florist in person is the best way to get recommendations. They can provide a few options depending on your budget and likes, as well as answer any flower-related questions.
- You’ll support a local business: Finally, buying locally supports the people in your community and assists your local economy. Ultimately, purchasing flowers from a small local florist helps the shop stay in business so they can continue to supply beautiful blooms year-round.
It’s Just For You has over a decade of experience providing gorgeous flowers for special events and occasions. Call us today to schedule a special flower delivery in 77084!