Working on planning an upcoming wedding? One of the many details you’ll need to consider is the kind of flower arrangements you’ll have for the day, whether they’re for the bridal and bridesmaid bouquets or for other decorative arrangements around the wedding site.
Ultimately the flowers you choose for your arrangements really come down to personal preference. But if you’re interested in reviewing some of the most popular options, here are some frequently chosen flowers for wedding flower arrangements in 77084:
- Roses: Roses will never go out of style. They are classy, sophisticated and beautiful, and they are versatile in that they come in a variety of different colors. You can find them all year round, and many have a wonderful fragrance, though you can certainly find unscented varieties. Most common for weddings are spray roses, hybrid tea roses and garden roses.
- Lily of the valley: Lily of the valley features small, bell-shaped florets coming out of a thin stem. It has a very fresh and present scent despite having such small flowers. It was prominently featured in the royal wedding between William and Kate in 2011. While it is on the more expensive side, it will be available throughout most of the year. Many people will use just a few stems among other flowers to cut down on the expense.
- Tulips: Tulips are extremely affordable and come in a wide range of colors, featuring anything from white, cream and pastel colors to deep, bright, vibrant shades of red, orange, purple and magenta. You’ll find them throughout much of the year, and they’re perfect for any kind of arrangement at a wedding, including bouquets, table arrangements and boutonnieres.
- Hydrangeas: Hydrangeas are large and bushy and come in bright shades of blue, purple and pink. It’s relatively inexpensive and doesn’t have a scent. It’s frequently used for filling out arrangements, but can make for a lovely arrangement on its own.
- Peonies: Peonies are bright, delicate and beautiful, with a strong scent and typically available in pink or white. While lovely, they do have some drawbacks. They’re only available in the late spring or early summer unless you import them, and in any case they are going to be more expensive than many other available options.
- Gardenia: Gardenia is a traditional, popular choice for bouquets and in boutonnieres and corsages. It features dark green leaves with a sort of waxy texture and appearance, along with a strong scent. However, note that gardenias bruise easily, so it is important to take good care of them. You can find them in larger as well as miniature varieties.
- Calla lilies: The calla lily has a very distinctive shape that is frequently the subject of works of art. It has a large head and a long, smooth stem, making it ideal for bouquets or tall arrangements. For weddings, the most popular color is cream, but you can also find them in yellow, orange, dark purple and pink.
For more tips about choosing flowers for your wedding flower arrangements in 77084, contact Its Just for You today.