Labor Day weekend is on the horizon, and if you’re spending Labor Day in 77084 with your family, you should invest in some fresh flower arrangements to enhance your décor. Most of the country will be enjoying their day off, and whether you plan to sit in front of the TV to relax or you’ll be hosting a get-together for the long weekend, great flowers do a lot to set the tone.
Flowers for Labor Day
Which are the best Labor Day weekend arrangements in 77084? With fall approaching, it’s always best to go with something that’s in season and will bring cheer to anyone looking at them. It’s fun to incorporate fall foliage into your bouquet (autumn is coming soon!) to give it an extra-seasonal look.
Here are some of the top picks for your Labor Day arrangement:
- Sunflowers: Sunflowers are a great pick for summer, and retain their seasonal charm throughout the fall—it’s hard not to smile when you see a sunflower bouquet. They’re also incredibly hardy and can last for weeks, which means they’re a great choice for a gifted bouquet. The recipient will love them for days and days.
- Lilies: Lilies are another sturdy, beautiful flower that thrives in the autumn. Whether you choose bright orange tiger lilies for their fall colors, stargazer lilies for their beautiful coloring and delicate fragrance or another variety entirely, these bold blooms will last for quite a while. Consider pairing them with oak leaves or other autumnal foliage for a seasonal look.
- Dahlias: Perhaps the most dramatic Labor Day weekend flower arrangements in 77084 include dahlias. These round, big and spiky-petaled flowers come in a variety of hues, but we think deep red dahlias are particularly lovely in early autumn. Pair them with foliage that can stand up to their big, round shape and intricate petals.
- Marigolds: Marigolds are easy to grow—you might even have some in your own yard—but this edible flower is also a great addition to a professional bouquet. Their deep gold and orange colors are perfect to welcome in the fall, and they won’t break the bank. Add some big, bright marigolds to your Labor Day bouquet for a fun twist on the holiday trappings.
- Gerbera daisies: Finally, gerbera daisies are a spring and summer favorite—but since they come in red, orange and yellow hues, they also make a stunning addition to a fall bouquet. Their shape is big and bold, which means they work well with smaller or more delicate flowers. Pair them with dark green foliage for a truly unique look.
If these flowers don’t suit your needs, or you have a specific type in mind, ask your florist to create something special.
Ready to decorate your home for Labor Day? Its Just For You has your Labor Day flower arrangements in 77084 covered. Treat yourself (and others) to a big bouquet. After all, you work hard! Why not celebrate all you do with flowers? Call today to get started.