It’s hard to imagine anyone who wouldn’t be delighted by a fresh flower arrangement. Getting a bouquet is not only a sign that someone cares, but it can provide days or even weeks of cheer. Bouquets can commemorate special occasions or simply let others know that you’re thinking of them. Plus, most florists can accommodate same-day flower delivery requests, so giving flowers is a great last-minute gift for housewarmings, graduations, birthdays and more. Here are our best tips to help guide your flower-giving decisions:
- Don’t wait for a special occasion: Floral arrangements make for great special-occasion gifts, but there’s no need to wait for a holiday. Show your loved ones that you care when you send flowers just because. They’ll be delighted by the unexpected surprise—sometimes it means more when you get flowers for no particular reason.
- Call hotel concierges to find florists in another town: If you’re buying flowers for someone out of town, one of the best ways to find the best local florists is to call a hotel concierge. It’s their job to know the best places in town, including where to get beautiful flowers.
- Find out the recipient’s favorite flowers: If you want to impress your recipient, find out what their favorite flowers are and keep them in your phone’s notes app. That way you’ll always know what to order, even on the spur of the moment.
- Consider adding scented flowers: If the recipient loves scented flowers, consider adding a few to your bouquet. A fragrant arrangement can be a multisensory treat.
- Be specific about the flowers you want: When you talk to your florist, make sure you’re very specific about the flowers that you’d like to have included. If there are certain varieties that must be in the bouquet, tell them. You could also specify certain colors or shapes that you particularly like, then let the florist choose which flowers would work best within those parameters.
- Gather ideas from the internet: Not sure what kind of flowers or look you’re going for? Check sites like Pinterest for bouquet ideas. Gather a few of your top favorites and send them to the florist. Alternatively, you can look through the florist’s website and describe what you like about certain selections to create a custom arrangement.
- Choose a vase over a basket: Generally, flowers arranged in a vase last longer than those in a basket. If you plan ahead, you can provide the florist with a meaningful vase you’ve picked out for the recipient, or you can have them choose one for you.
- Consider same-day delivery: If you’re in a time crunch, take advantage of your florist’s same-day flower delivery services.
- Give flowers to yourself: Finally, don’t forget that when it comes to giving flowers, you can always give them to yourself. They’re a great way to add beauty and cheer to your living space, commemorate an achievement and indulge in some self-care.
When you want high-quality professional floral arrangements, call It’s Just For You. We’re happy to help you create the perfect bouquet for any occasion, and even offer same-day flower delivery.