Do you or someone you know have allergies and you are thinking of giving the gift of flowers? The good news is that there are a wide variety of hypoallergenic flowers you can choose from for those with allergies. They are perfect for decorating any home or business, and you will have peace of mind knowing that they are safe for everyone.
Hypoallergenic Flower Options
Hypoallergenic floral arrangements are available. If someone is allergic to flowers, airborne pollen will cause reactions. The best option is flowers that contain low pollen since they are not as likely to cause a reaction. These flowers won’t cause you to sneeze. Hypoallergenic flower options include:
- Carnations– These are considered a classic and a favorite flower for allergy sufferers. They also contain various petals that don’t have a lot of pollen. They also come in a variety of colors to choose from. Carnations are perfect because they are lightly scented and smell sweet.
- Hydrangeas– You can also find these flowers in a variety of colors as well. They make the ideal flower arrangement for those suffering from allergies. They are well known for their versatility. They also re-bloom in the spring and summer which is why many gardeners prefer to grow them. They contain sticky pollen, which means it won’t be released into the air, resulting in an allergic reaction.
- Peonies– These are both romantic and attractive and symbolize good fortune and luck. They are also hypoallergenic, so they can be added to a bouquet knowing that you or the recipient will remain in good health.
- Roses– These are classic and among many people’s favorite flowers. The best part is that they are also allergy-friendly. You can choose from a variety of roses that contain low scents.
- Tulips– These are another favorite among flower lovers all over the world. They are known for their cheerful and sweet blooms. They symbolize loyalty and purity when given as a gift. They are also perfect for those who suffer from allergies. Even though they are spring flowers, you can find them throughout the year. They are safe to use in flower bouquets since they contain a low pollen count.
- Irises– These are perfect for allergy sufferers and will add beauty to any flower bouquet. They also attract admiration since they are so vibrant. They are available in both pink and purple and are just plain gorgeous. If you are sensitive to flowers, this is a great option since they contain low pollen.
- Daffodils– These flowers are similar to tulips. They also contain low pollen levels, making them perfect for allergy sufferers. They are available in peach, yellow, and white and many people associate them with the first signs of spring.
Fortunately, you can always find a flower delivery service with many hypoallergenic options for allergy sufferers. Even if you are unsure if the recipient suffers from allergies, it is always wise to go with a hypoallergenic option just in case.