Astrology is an age-old tradition that analyzes the positions of celestial bodies and interprets them to better understand human existence and interaction—zodiac signs can even be taken into account when ordering flowers! This ancient practice continues to be highly popular today, though controversy still surrounds it, as many consider it unreliable.
People who follow astrology do so with varying degrees of seriousness, but for those who follow the practice, they use it to interpret the events of their everyday lives and greater trends in the world. Flowers have long had a relationship with astrology, as there are some flowers that are considered to be particularly appealing to those of certain astrological signs.
If you are interested in astrology or have a loved one who is, it can be beneficial to know about these astrological attractions so you can determine which types of flowers to put in a custom arrangement.
Here’s a quick look at the zodiac signs and some of the best flowers suited for them:
- Aries: The birth flowers for Aries individuals are thistle and honeysuckle flowers. Other suitable plants for the sign include prickly pear, cockscomb, thorn-bearing shrubs, red peppers, tulips, red roses and amaryllis flowers.
- Taurus: The birth flowers for Taurus individuals are the rose, poppy and foxglove flowers. Other suitable plants include Sweet William, scented stock, aster, lily of the valley, lilac, lavender, fruit-bearing trees and sweet pea flowers.
- Gemini: The birth flowers for Geminis are lavender and lily of the valley flowers. Other suitable plants include goldenrod, winter cherries, ranunculus, maidenhair fern, daffodils, nut-bearing trees, acacia and cactus.
- Cancer: The birth flowers for Cancers are white flowers, particularly rose flowers. Other suitable plants include Queen Anne’s lace, cornflower, ferns, delphinium, plumbago, passionflower, iris flowers and hydrangea.
- Leo: The birth flowers for Leos are marigold and sunflower. Other suitable flowers include safflower, croton, Joseph’s coat, gerbera, dahlia, clivia and crocosmia.
- Virgo: The birth flowers for Virgos are small, bright flowers, like buttercups. Other suitable flowers and plants for arrangements are monkshood, hypericum, ivy, violets, veronica, eucalyptus, chrysanthemum and thistle flowers.
- Libra: The birth flowers for Libras are bluebells and large rose flowers. Other suitable plants for arrangements are chincherinchee, Bells of Ireland, cymbidium orchids, gardenia, tea roses, gladiolus flowers, tuberose and freesia.
- Scorpio: The birth flowers for Scorpios are dark red flowers, like geraniums. Other suitable flowers and plants are Venus flytraps, Alpinia, Amaranthus, red hot poker, peonies, cactus, hibiscus and anthurium flowers.
- Sagittarius: The birth flowers for Sagittarius individuals are carnation flowers. Other suitable plants and flowers are foxtail lilies, blazing stars, berried plants, crocus, allium flowers and Eustoma.
- Capricorn: The birth flowers for Capricorns are pansy and ivy flowers. Other suitable plants and flowers include statice, African violets, philodendrons, ivy, snowdrop, jasmine flowers, holly and kentia palm.
- Aquarius: The birth flowers for Aquarius individuals are orchid flowers. Other suitable plants and flowers are sea holly, pitcher plant, banksia, bird of paradise, arum lilies, aloe flowers, yucca and protea.
- Pisces: The birth flowers for Pisces individuals are water lily flowers. Other suitable plants and flowers are jasmine, lilac, narcissus, gypsophila flowers, Madonna lilies, papyrus and Euphorbia marginata.
For more tips about zodiac signs and flowers, or for help designing custom floral arrangements, contact the team at It’s Just For You Flower Delivery.